Menu de navigation
Baby carrier, nagane, made by Georges Niquay, Wemotaci, 1973, ethnographic collection, UdeM
Travel and transport
General information: Montreal celebrates this year its 375th birthday. You will find information about current events at http://www.375mtl.com/en/
Airport: Montreal-Trudeau International Airport http://www.admtl.com/en
Several options are available for you to come downtown:
- Taxi ($40 flat fare to downtown)
- Uber (Gate 6, arrivals): to order with the appropriate application (approx. $30)
- STM shuttle bus #747 towards Centre-Ville / Berri-UQAM station ($10, includes a 24-hour transit pass). Ticket machines are located in the International arrivals area.
Subway and bus:
- For the Saturday evening banquet at UQAM, the subway (Metro) station is Berri-UQAM. Exit via the doors marked “Université du Québéc à Montréal” and take stairs or elevators to the 2nd floor.
- For the conference at the University of Montreal, in Jean-Brillant building (Jean-Brillant street), the closest subway stations are “Université de Montréal” or “Côte-des-Neiges” on the Blue line. The 51 bus (from Snowdon station on the Orange line) also passes next to the Jean-Brillant building. Note that only the Orange line is handicapped-accessible, at selected stations.
We have blocked rooms with special prices in several hotels. When you book, specify “49th Algonquian Conference”. Do not delay, Montreal is in a party mode and places are quickly occupied!
(Note that taxes are not included and prices are in Canadian Dollars).
- Hôtel Chrome : 215, Boul. René-Levesque Est. Montréal H2X 1N7
Room $99 single/double occupancy
Email reservations : email@example.com or by phone 514-393-3388 ext. 248 , toll- free 1-800-668-3872 ext. 248.
- Hôtel Travelodge : 50, Boul. Boul. René-Levesque Est. Montréal H2Z 1A2
Room $119 single/double occupancy (+$10/extra person)
Complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-fi connection and access to gym.
Email reservations : firstname.lastname@example.org by phone 514-874-9090 ext. 1 , toll- free 1-800-363-6535 ext. 1 (Mention Algonquian conference when booking) or online booking: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/travelodge/montreal-quebec/hotel-travelodge-montreal-centre/overview? propId=TL09782&rate_code=LKAL
- Hôtel Faubourg : 155, Boul. René-Lévesque Est, Montréal. H2X 3Z8
One room suite or 2 beds studio $119 single/double occupancy
Triple occupancy $129 quadruple occupancy $139.
Complimentary hot&cold breakfast buffet and Wi-fi.
- Terrasse Royale : 5225 Côte-des-Neiges, Montréal Qc, 514-739-6391, http://www.terrasse-royale.com/index-en.php
Room $129/night ($835/week, that is to say 7 nights)
- Residence Inn Marriott (Westmount) : 2170 avenue Lincoln, Montréal Qc, 514-935-9224, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulmr-residence-inn-montreal-westmount/?removeBrowserLangPref=true
Studio 1 Queen or double bed, 1 or 2 persons $138
Suite one bedroom with 1 Queen bed, 1 or 2 persons $163
- Château Versailles : 1659 Sherbrooke O., Montréal, 514-933-3611, http://www.chateauversaillesmontreal.com/
Room Deluxe 1 Queen bed : $195/ night (single or double occupancy)
Are included: breakfast, Wi-Fi, access to the gym and daily newspa
- Le Méridien Versailles : 1808 rue Sherbrooke O., Montréal, 514-933-8111, http://www.lemeridienversailleshotel.com/
Classic Guest Room, 1 Queen bed, $209/night (single or double occupancy)
Deluxe Room, 2 double beds, $239/night (single or double occupancy)
Every guest of the Meridien Versailles receives free tickets to the Canadian Centre for Architecture, access to Wi-Fi, to the gym and to the daily newspaper.
Breakfast not included. You must add $12 + tax + service per person.
To book at Chateau Versailles or at Meridien Versailles, send an email to email@example.com or call 1 888 933 8111. Mention “49th Algonquian Conference” or the code CAJ29B (for Château Versailles) or CAJ29S (for Meridien Versailles).
Prices do not include 19% hotel tax.