Menu de navigation
Baby carrier, nagane, made by Georges Niquay, Wemotaci, 1973, ethnographic collection, UdeM
Travel and transport
General information: Montreal celebrates this year its 375th birthday. You will find information about current events at http://www.375mtl.com/en/
Airport: Montreal-Trudeau International Airport http://www.admtl.com/en
Several options are available for you to come downtown:
- Taxi (approx. $40)
- Uber (Gate 6, arrivals): to order with the appropriatee application (approx. $30)
- Shuttlebus towards Berri terminal (approx. $10)
Subway and bus:
- For the opening banquet at UQAM, the subway (Metro) station is Berri-UQAM.
- For the conference at the University of Montreal, in Jean-Brillant building (Jean-Brillant street), the closest subway stations are “Université de Montréal” or “Côte-des-Neiges”. The 51 bus also passes next to the Jean-Brillant building.
We have blocked rooms with special prices in several hotels. When you book, specify “49th Algonquian Conference”. Do not delay, Montreal is in a party mode and places are quickly occupied!
(Note that taxes are not included and prices are in Canadian Dollars).
- Terrasse Royale : 5225 Côte-des-Neiges, Montréal Qc, 514-739-6391, http://www.terrasse-royale.com/index-en.php
Room $129/night ($835/week, that is to say 7 nights)
- Residence Inn Marriott (Westmount) : 2170 avenue Lincoln, Montréal Qc, 514-935-9224, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yulmr-residence-inn-montreal-westmount/?removeBrowserLangPref=true
Studio 1 Queen or double bed, 1 or 2 persons $138
Suite one bedroom with 1 Queen bed, 1 or 2 persons $163
- Château Versailles : 1659 Sherbrooke O., Montréal, 514-933-3611, http://www.chateauversaillesmontreal.com/
Room Deluxe 1 Queen bed : $195/ night (single or double occupancy)
Are included: breakfast, Wi-Fi, access to the gym and daily newspa
- Le Méridien Versailles : 1808 rue Sherbrooke O., Montréal, 514-933-8111, http://www.lemeridienversailleshotel.com/
Classic Guest Room, 1 Queen bed, $209/night (single or double occupancy)
Deluxe Room, 2 double beds, $239/night (single or double occupancy)
Every guest of the Meridien Versailles receives free tickets to the Canadian Centre for Architecture, access to Wi-Fi, to the gym and to the daily newspaper.
Breakfast not included. You must add $12+ tax+ service per person.
To book at Chateau Versailles or at Meridien Versailles, send an email to email@example.com or call 1 888 933 8111. Mention “49th Algonquian Conference” or the code CAJ29B (for Château Versailles) or CAJ29S (for Meridien Versailles).
You must add 19% of tax to all prices.